U-Pick Apple Varieties
Below you will find a list of the most popular varieties of apples found on orchards, ready for you to pick and bring home to your family.
- Golden Supreme – If you like Goldens, you will love the Golden Supreme. It’s a beautiful golden apple with excellent flavor and texture.
- Lydia’s Red Gala
- Fulford Gala
- Imperial Gala
- Honeycrisp – The Cadillac of apples and best-selling apple. When people bite into a Honey Crisp there is just one word, Wow! The flavor is just that great.
- Throme Empire
- Cortland; Empire
- Golden Delicious “Smoothie”
- Ida Red
- Mutsu Crispin
- Red Delicious
- Northern Spy
- Sun Fugi
U-Pick Sweet Cherry Varieties
- Dark Sweet – Usually perfect for picking from July 4th through August 6th
- Cavalier – Flesh is firm and dry ripens early to mid-season
- Hudson – This very firm, sweet dark red, crack, and rot-resistant cherry extends the cherry harvest for two weeks or more.
- Hardy Giant – Roundish heart-shaped firm juicy very good flavor mid to late season.
- Ulster – Dark red, large, firm-fleshed, sweet fruit ripening mid-season.
- Regina – Flattish-round. Firm, juicy, sweet, aromatic, and good flavor. Ripening late season.
- Royalton – is sweet and black with exceptionally large and high-quality fruit. Known for its excellent taste and deep purple skin. Ripening early to mid-season.
- Summit – Heart-shaped. Moderately firm, very sweet and aromatic, good flavor. Stone small. Ripening mid-season.
- Black Pearl – Large, sweet, exceptional firmness and storability. ripening early to mid-season.
- Burgundy Pearl – Burgundy color cherry with a crunchy texture, sweet flavor.
- Light Sweet –typically available from July 9th through August 6th
- Emperor Francis – Round heart-shaped. Firm, juicy, sweet, rich flavor, good quality. Stone small. Ripening early in the season.
- Ranier – It’s large, yellow fruit with red blush is extremely sweet and delicious ripening mid-season.
- White Gold – The only self-fertile white sweet cherry on the market. Large, firm, crack-resistant fruits are attractive light yellow with a heavy red blush, delicious for fresh eating or canning. Ripening mid-season.
- Radiance – This is an excellent Rainier-type cherry for the early season. The large, firm blush cherry has exceptional flavor and eating qualities.
U-Pick Sour Cherries
- Montmorency Sour
- Danube Sour
- Belaton Sour